Ethos and Values
As a school, we live our values in all that we do each day. So much so we wear them on our badge. Effort, Encouragement and Excellence are embedded into the fabric of the school. We want all pupils to follow the Penkridge Middle Way as we believe that this will give everyone the best opportunity to succeed both in the school and as a contributor to the local community and beyond, both now and in the future.
Our ethos derives from having a school community that is happy, healthy and safe. We believe that achieving that for all within the school community including pupils, parents, carers, staff and stakeholders will bring about both academic and personal growth and ensure that Penkridge Middle School is a place to feel proud to attend each day.
- To provide the highest possible standard of education through a informed research approach and a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To recognise and care for the needs of all individuals (staff and students alike), including their physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual needs.
- To promote a culture of respect and care for both others and the environment, through our simple rules: ready, respectful and safe.
- To positively promote the ethos of British Values, to enable pupils to learn about and understand others on a local, national and global scale.
- To ensure all pupils have trips, visits and experiences that support their broader development, their character, prepares them for future success and informs them about modern Britain to ensure they are well-rounded individuals.
- To forge strong working relationships with parents/carers and the wider community to provide the best possible education and opportunities for all children at PMS.
- To position ourselves as a community-based school who want to support our local area in any way that we can.